Security Freeze prevents creating new credit cards or any new activity.
- Freeze won't impact the credit
- Free to add/remove a freeze
- Temporaily lift available for short-term
- For the most protection, freeze all major credit bureaus
- Still, existing inquiries can access the report
A credit freeze, also called a security freeze, helps stop identity thieves from taking out credit in your name by preventing new creditors from accessing your credit report.
It's free to freeze your credit file, and it won't impact your credit. Note that you'll need to request a credit freeze with all three major credit bureaus to achieve the most protection. -- experian.com